This month we hear from those impacted by recent cuts to library services and about technological inclusion in school libraries. As we start two new series:
Genealogy 101: Librarian Krista Woltman explores the role genealogy plays in the lives of public library patrons, as well as in the profession of librarianship, and
Good news: Teacher Librarian Jennifer Brown gathers stories from K–12 students and staff throughout the province about the great things happening in school libraries,
we welcome back our series What is a library ? and From discord to discourse. Plus, we have a new installment from our regular column Open for all?.
Here are the stories, in the order they appear:
- Genealogy 101: Knowing your genealogy patron
- From discord to discourse: Teamwork
- Technological inclusion: New learning commons creates seats at the digital table
- Good news stories from school libraries
- Democracies need libraries
- The shock doctrine: Cuts to OLS-N an onslaught on public services
- What is a library: Community
- Open call to OLA members: Canvas[s]OLA
- Plus, remember to take our polls (located on the left side panel)!