This month, Trevor Deck walks us through the library’s collection development mandates, scope and goals.
This month, we hear from those impacted by recent cuts to library services and about technological inclusion in school libraries. As we start two new series:
Genealogy 101: Librarian Krista Woltman explores the role genealogy plays in the lives of public library patrons, as well as in the profession of librarianship, and
Good news: Teacher-Librarian Jennifer Brown gathers stories from K–12 students and staff throughout the province about the great things happening in school libraries,
we welcome back our series What is a library? and From discord to discourse. Plus, we have a new installment of our regular column Open for all?
Here are the stories, in the order they appear:
- Genealogy 101: Knowing your genealogy patron
- From discord to discourse: Teamwork
- Technological inclusion: New learning commons creates seats at the digital table
- Good news from school libraries
- Democracies need libraries
- The shock doctrine: Cuts to OLS – N an onslaught on public services
- What is a library?: Community
- Open call to OLA members: Canvas[s]OLA
- Plus, remember to take our polls (located in the right side panel)!