This month, Trevor Deck walks us through the library’s collection development mandates, scope and goals.
This month in Open Shelf (in the order the content appears):
- In her From the editor, Martha Attridge Bufton updates us on the unfolding process of strategic planning for Open Shelf.
- The impact of stereotype maps is explored in The world according to … whom?.
- In anticipation of the launch of the new podcast From discord to discourse, Kasey Whalley has a conversation with our editor-in-chief in Navigating professional relationships.
- Mariam Hamou is proud of her London, Ontario community for the development of its brand-new Bostwick Library.
- The latest installment of Rudi Denham’s column What is a library? A library is: People.
- Are you listening? Podcasts can help librarians with readers’ advisory and Jeff Dodge will tell you all about it in Listening your way to better RA.
- A specialist in e-learning is interviewed in this edition of OLITA’s series The Library IT Crowd.
- Finally, ABO Franco has put out a call for submissions and we at Open Shelf are always looking for new contributors and content.
As always, we invite your comments, feedback and thoughts. Enjoy, and don’t forget to check out our two (yes, two!) polls, found in the sidebar of our homepage.
Martha Attridge Bufton, Editor-in-Chief
Nikolina Likarevic, Deputy Editor
Rashed Ahmad, Digital Editor
Devon O’Leary, Digital Copy Editor
Kelly Thompson, Digital Editor