So, we’ll bend Tom Jones’s lyrics for Try to remember: Try to remember the kind…
We’re the Open Shelf editorial team. Our favourite things to do are to engage with our friends in the OLA community. We write, we provide feedback, we get creative with pictures and tweets, we play tag all the time, and just basically have lots of fun.
We’ll be snuggled at home during the holiday season, hopefully taking a break from work but still dreaming of new stories we can tell in Open Shelf in 2021.
Although this has been a crazy year—the “Year of COVID”—we’ve still been able to play with our Open Shelf contributors and they have sent us lots of great stories to print in the magazine.
Our wish this year is that everyone stays healthy and that your reindeer leave hoofprints on all our roofs. While you have to keep your social distance this year (and don’t forget to wear your mask when you are delivering presents to everyone!), we are looking forward to your visit and will leave out some of our favourite Christmas treats for you and your crew.
All the best and happy 2021,
Martha, Nikolina, Alicia, Bennett, Kiah, Justin, Catherine, Kerry, Rob, Andrea, Amber, Wallis, Christine, Madelaina, and Tiffany.
And here’s our holiday cheer for you this December, in the order that the articles appear in the magazine:
- From the editor: Time for another 1% change
- Memespiration: What do you want from Santa?
- L’Université de l’Ontario français : repenser la bibliothèque universitaire
- Trois beaux choix de lecture pour le temps des fêtes
- Open for all? Needs-based public libraries
- Back to blogging: Revitalizing blogs in the age of COVID
- culture@work, featuring Harneet Kukreja
- A sadder wiser boy: World War II letter sheds light on human resilience
- Good-bad, bad-good: The joy of celluloid failure in the Car Hole Cinema
- Movie review: A “Top 9” of good-bads from Douglas Davey
- Grey is the new black: Changing library instruction virtually
- Best laid plans: Quarterly update on the Open Shelf strategic plan
- <Code of conduct/>: Call for coding story ideas
- Team up: Opportunities for writing collaborations
PS: All Open Shelfers, write your own letter to Santa and cast your vote in our poll: What’s your favourite holiday treat? If your favourite isn’t on our list, post it in the comments section below. Plus, check out this list of traditional Christmas cookies!
“If you’re lucky this Christmas, Santa Claus will grace you with his presents.”