Dear Santa, We’re the Open Shelf editorial team. Our favourite things to do are to engage with our friends in the OLA community. We write, we provide feedback, we get creative with pictures and tweets, we play tag all the time, and just basically have lots of fun. We’ll be snuggled at home during the holiday season, hopefully taking a break from work but still dreaming of new stories we can tell in Open Shelf in 2021. Although this has been a crazy year—the “Year of COVID”—we’ve still been able to play with our Open Shelf contributors and they have sent us lots of great stories to print in the magazine.
It’s that time again! This is our last issue before September and we are gearing up for two exciting “call out” opportunities:
This month, we have a variety of stories, from working in a hospital library to looking for work as a new grad to finding that perfect podcast:
- Each day is interesting: Supporting research and innovation at a regional health centre
- Introducing OLA’s Advocacy Toolkit
- Food for thought and hope for new librarians in a precarious job market
- At the centre: A conversation with First Nations teacher Amanda Moosemay
- Public Library Leaders program
- New! Rural Public Libraries Conference
- Readers’ Advisory: Podcasts for book lovers
- Library IT Crowd
See you in September!