February is Black History Month, Women’s History Month, and of course, the month of valentines. We are debuting cryptic crosswords for all of you who love puzzles with our new column 793.73. This month, we are featuring eight clues that challenge readers to identify eight Black authors whose work is worth celebrating. And we are also featuring articles from women co-edit books, find more respectful ways to describe people and their work, want to live in good relationships on Turtle Island, and land the right job because they know how to make the most of the interview process.
It’s that time again! This is our last issue before September and we are gearing up for two exciting “call out” opportunities:
This month, we have a variety of stories, from working in a hospital library to looking for work as a new grad to finding that perfect podcast:
- Each day is interesting: Supporting research and innovation at a regional health centre
- Introducing OLA’s Advocacy Toolkit
- Food for thought and hope for new librarians in a precarious job market
- At the centre: A conversation with First Nations teacher Amanda Moosemay
- Public Library Leaders program
- New! Rural Public Libraries Conference
- Readers’ Advisory: Podcasts for book lovers
- Library IT Crowd
See you in September!